Town OfficialsThe elected and appointed officials who serve the Town of Hancock are a dedicated group who put serving the public above all else. We are committed to providing exceptional citizen service at all times.
We welcome your questions and comments. Please contact us at 422-3393. We are always happy to hear from our residents.
The Town is governed by a Town Meeting and five member Selectboard. The Selectboard is elected at Town Meeting. Each member serves a 3 year term and there is no limit to the number of consecutive terms a person may be elected to.
The current Selectboard members are:
- Richard Merchant, Chairman (2019)
- Ernest Butler, Vice-Chairman (2018)
- George Colwell (2019)
- John Bridges (2020)
- Randall Ewins (2020)
Meetings are held the first and third Wednesdays of each month at the Hancock Town Office. Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings.
TOWN OFFICE PERSONNEL
The Town Hall has two full time employees:
- Toni R. Dyer, Administrative Assistant/Town Clerk/Registrar of Voters/GA
- Diane L. Simmons, Treasurer/Tax Collector/Deputy Clerk
- Carol M. Marshall, Deputy Clerk/ Deputy Treasurer/ Deputy Tax Collector