Thank you for visiting the Town of Hancock website. We are pleased to be able to offer this service to our residents. We are working to update the site on a regular basis with information we feel will help you, our residents.
Please feel free to let us know what information would be helpful by e-mailing, firstname.lastname@example.org us or calling us at the office, 207-422-3393. You can also write to us at P O Box 68, Hancock, ME 04640. We will do our best to get it on the site.
I have listed some other sites that might be of interest to you.
We also have a facebook page (search for Town of Hancock) where I will try to keep residents updated. Our Recreation Committee also has a facebook page (search for Hancock Recreation Committee) where you can keep up with what activities they are sponsoring. Check them both out!!!
The Town will now accept payment
via Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
FEES: A 2.5% non-refundable fee will be added to your
transaction by Maine PayPort, the company which
processes the transaction.
The minimum fee is $1.00 and the
fee will be reflected on your card receipt.
The Town of Hancock now offers the following services: On-line Boat, ATV, Snowmobile registration On-line Dog registration On-line Vehicle Registration Click the appropriate image below.....
To obtain a burn permit contact:
Andrew Lounder 422-6821 or Charlie Wheeler 667-5811 or 460-1960
or Chris Holmes (nights and weekends only) 460-8001
This online service allows people to purchase an open burning permit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Permits are $7.00 each and $2.00 from each permit goes to the organized municipality where it was purchased.
- Although permits can be purchased 24 hours a day, the default setting for allowable burn times is after 5:00pm and before 9:00am for unorganized towns, plantations and most towns. The exception to the default "after 5pm" restriction is when there is a steady rain or the ground is completely covered in snow. Some communities, particularly those with full time fire departments, have elected to override the allowable burn times and have authorized burning during the daytime. Please read your permit carefully and only burn during the times listed.
- Online Burn Permits are valid on Class 1 or Class 2 days. The person requesting the permit must verify the class day after 9:00AM on the day they intend to burn.
- This system is for brush piles, wood debris and agricultural burns only. Please contact the local fire department or the Maine Forest Service Regional Headquarters for campfire permits. Ashland Regional Office: 207-435-7963; Old Town Regional Office: 207-827-1800; Augusta Regional Office: 207-624-3700.
What you will need
- Burn Information including address and type of material being burned
- Printer to print your permit
- A Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card
The Hancock Transfer Station is again accepting demo debris.
ALL MATERIAL BROUGHT TO THE TRANSFER STATION IS NOW SUBJECT TO A FEE.
Please review the updated user guide for the new fee schedule.
However, the facility remains closed to brush.
Per order of the Board of Selectmen.
Monday - Thursday 7 am to 4 pm Friday 7 am to 11 am
Phone: 422-3393 Fax: 422-6705